Phone: 859-986-1021 Fax: 859-985-0486
8:00am - 3:30 pm Monday-Friday
**and as needed by appointment
What is the Berea Family Resource/Youth Services Center (FRYSC)?
Family Resource/Youth Services Centers have been created as part of the Kentucky Education Reform Act. The purpose of the Centers are to help students succeed in schools by assisting children and families to meet needs that impact the education process. This is done by providing services at the Center, in the schools and by linking families to agencies in the community.
Who can use the FRYSC?
Services are provided, at no charge, to all families with children who attend Berea Community Schools, and families with young children living within the Berea Independent School District.
We are located in the old Middle/High School Offices inside the school building. Please park in the parking lot where the football stadium is located. You will need to sign in with one of the school offices.
|Services We Offer
||Your Link to the Community
|• Crisis counseling and referrals
• After-school and summer programs for youth
• Information and referrals to community agencies
• Liaison between parent and school
• Health and Education services for families, and for new and expectant parents
• Seminars and workshops for parents, teachers and concerned public
• Support and training for childcare providers
• Family recreation opportunities
• Employment counseling/training
Call us for more information on theFamily Resource/Youth Services Center or any of the following:
Our address is:
3 Pirate Parkway
Berea, KY 40403
Diane Smith , Coordinator
Abigail Derringer , Family Services Coordinator